Public sector professionals from African Venture Group are dedicated to providing specialised advisory services to government at all levels.
Our purpose is building trust in society by solving complex problems.
Improving the business of government and the public sector across South Africa.
At African Venture Group we understand that government and public sector entities have diverse objectives – from meeting service delivery targets and achieving greater transparency, disclosure and accountability to implementing large-scale investments in infrastructure and operations.
We recognise the importance of supporting the entire government value chain from initial strategy development through to the implementation and final evaluation of decisions and activities, as well as skills development.
Our extensive experience in public sector institutions, services and systems give us a deep understanding of the complex issues our government faces.
We combine a proactive approach with personalised attention to deliver a service in partnership with our clients at national, provincial and local government levels and for other state-owned enterprises.
African Venture Group provides rigorous financial, risk and analytical processes guide our clients overcome complex issues by strengthening management capabilities, increasing technical know-how and improving financial security.
Public sector services
We deliver effective advice based on our understanding of the issues our clients face, the demanding culture in which they work and the difficulties associated with implementing political and economic decisions.
GOVERNANCE, COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT SERVICES
• Risk assessments (strategic and operational)
• Internal audit
• Governance and board assessments
• Governance and ethics training
• Ethics assessments
• Review / preparation of Integrated / annual reports
• Review of financial policies
• Preparation of annual financial statements (GRAP compliant AFS)
• Review of annual financial statements to ensure compliance to the reporting frameworks
• Revenue enhancement within municipalities
• Value Added Tax services
• Asset verification projects
• Inventory / stock take projects
• Inventory management enhancement project
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
• SCM effectiveness reviews
• Irregular expenditure reviews
• SCM consulting activities, which include turn-around strategies and organisational design processes
• Pre-tender award reviews to ensure 100 % compliance before tenders are awarded
• Forensic assignments
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE PLANS / STRATEGIC DOCUMENTS
• Drafting of strategic plans and annual performance plans
• Financial models pertaining to strategies and strategic projects
• Audit of portfolios of evidence
• Quarterly review of reports submitted to boards
• Development of business case reports for key strategic projects.
• Input into performance plans and strategies such as economic impact and cost/benefit assessments.
AUDIT AND CONSULTING
• Non-Statutory Reviews
• Annual Audit Support
• Address Auditor General Findings
• General control reviews
• Data analytics
• Business process/automated controls testing
• Project assurance reviews
• Business continuity management reviews
• IT governance, risk and compliance
• IT feasibility assessments
• IT contract reviews
• IT policies and procedures
• IT strategy
• Pre and post implementation reviews